Do you want to get started in medtech? Do you want to realize your full potential at a new production site? Do you want to be close to all of Switzerland’s important economic centers? Do you want efficient, professional and smart service? Then the canton of Solothurn is the right place for you
Visionaries succeed in the canton of Solothurn. This was true in the past – and is even truer today. The ambitious plan to grow shrimps in Switzerland on a sustainable basis originated in the canton of Solothurn, as did the Jura coffee machine, the Bally shoe, the Mathys hip joint, the Swatch Eta clock mechanism and the CWA cable car.
Companies from established industries as well as startups with a focus on disruptive technologies will find attractive conditions:
- Faster on the go: Perfect access via motorway, public transport and air traffic
- More versatile networking: 24 min to Basel, 27 min to Bern, 31 min to Zurich
- Live better: Culture in the city, sports in the Jura Mountains, recreation on the Aare River
- Pay less: Low fixed costs, favorable real estate prices
The canton of Solothurn is a technology location: international industry leaders research and develop here. A third of its skilled workers work in the manufacturing industry. Medical technology is particularly strongly represented around Grenchen and Solothurn, and the machine, watch and electronics industries have a long tradition. The dynamic Olten region is proving to be an attractive service center. The energy industry is also strongly represented throughout the canton.
The excellent location of Solothurn provides access to specialists from all disciplines – federal education institutes (ETH), universities, universities of applied sciences and research institutes are all within easy reach. Around 70 percent of school leavers in the economy are trained in the dual vocational training system – in a practical and business-oriented manner. This strengthens the next generation.
The canton of Solothurn has a business airport in Grenchen. Simplified check-in accelerates travel time for business trips. In addition, a smart center for e-flying is being built in Grenchen.
- Business location canton Solothurn
- Innovations from Solothurn (German only)
- Gründerzentrum (founder hub) Canton Solothurn (German only)
- Technologiezentrum (technology hub) Witterswil
- Switzerland Innovation Park Biel
- Cleantech Business Park
- Technology center for 3D print “Swiss m4m Center” (German only)
- Solothurn - Fiscally Attractive
- Tax calculator (only available in German)