In the canton of Grisons, various global leaders have settled in high-tech areas such as medical technology, chemicals, precision technology, photonics, sensor technology and information technology, which continue to invest in the Grisons, create jobs and expand worldwide. There are various aspects such as the innovation-friendly environment, the availability of qualified and loyal employees, the favorable cost structure, the mild tax climate and the high quality of life that cumulate and speak for the Grisons. The unique nature, the countless leisure activities and the diverse cultural offerings invite to action and relaxation and let the people pursue their daily work motivated and energetic. A unique lifestyle thus has emerged in the Grisons.
A central prerequisite for the further settlement and expansion of development and production-oriented companies is the availability of suitable industrial land. This is increasingly becoming a rare commodity in Switzerland. However, the canton of Grisons has large, well-developed industrial zones at attractive locations. The talents for your project are being educated at the universities and technical colleges in the catchment area, or they would like to move to the Grisons for attractive jobs combined with a high quality of life.
The Grisons' advantages at a glance:
- Many global players from the field of life science, high-technology and trade
- 300,000 square meters of industrial land at attractive conditions
- Central location: north-south axis Stuttgart/Munich–Milan
- Up to 25 % lower wage costs and real estate prices than in the Swiss agglomerations
- Moderate taxation (7.83%* - 16.12 % of net income before tax for corporations)
- More than 1.2 million inhabitants living within 1 hour drive from Chur
- Highest quality of life "Work where you love to live"
- Financial support options by the canton for innovative projects
- Location for talents, education and research
- Highly qualified, well trained and loyal employees
- High work productivity
- An excellent education system with public, private and international schools
- 60,000 students studying at the universities of applied sciences and technical colleges in the expert fields of focus trade sectors
- Internationally networked research institutes
* with 100% tax relief at cantonal level
- Predominant industries
Life sciences, medtech, precision technologies, photonics, sensor technologies, information and communications technology
- Flagship companies
Hamilton, Ems Chemie, TRUMPF, Würth, Viega, Bizerba, Georg Fischer, Integra Biosciences, Wittenstein
- Recent additions
Hamilton Ems, Würth, Oblamatic (Viega), Bizerba (Busch)